Gulf Coast Band Competition

Alexander Falks (12), drum major, leading the band at the Klein Collins varsity football game.

Jade Salinas

Jade Salinas

Mackenzie Gross, Staff Reporter

The Gulf Coast marching contest was held on October 13, 2018 at Challenger Columbia Stadium.

The contest was like any other marching contest and was prelim and final setup, which means all the bands perform and then a certain amount goes and perform again at finals. This setup is important because it is just like the UIL Area contest and the UIL State Contest. It was the first time the Clear Springs Band has participated in this contest.

All the other Clear Creek high school bands also participated in the contest as well.

“We learned a lot at this contest and got really focused and went for it, and ended up coming out with a pretty good placement” Miguel Faucette (10)  said.

This contest was a great practice run for the very important contest coming up and for the years that come and bring different and more challenging contest.

“This was a really good practice for UIL Region contest on October 20th, and for the UIL Area contest on October 27th” Marina Fick (11) said.

In prelims, Clear Springs band got 9th place, and in finals the band got 8th place.

The other bands got the following placements in finals:

1st Place: Clear Brook

2nd place: Clear Falls

7th Place: Clear Lake

9th Place: Clear Creek

Mackenzie Gross, Staff Reporter

I am currently in 11th grade and I am a staff reporter for the newspaper. I’m in band for the third year and my hobbies are playing golf, binge watching...

Jade Salinas, Head Photographer

My name is Jade Salinas and I am currently a senior at Clear Springs High School. I’m the head photographer for the journalism program, as well as a...

• News

Area Marching Contest

• News

Hunger Games: Student United Way

• Gulf Coast Band Competition

News

Juniors Take On the Ring Ceremony

• Features

Brending’s First Year Teaching

• Gulf Coast Band Competition

News

Blood Drive

• News

Comedy Caberet

• Features

Junior Wins Big at National Yu-Gi-Oh Tournament

• News

2018 Varsity Football

• Gulf Coast Band Competition

News

TAFE

• Gulf Coast Band Competition

Features

Orchestra Places at Regional Competition

Gulf Coast Band Competition