Chargers Defeat the Clear Falls Knights

Back to Article
Back to Article

Chargers Defeat the Clear Falls Knights

Sophomore Garret Rooker

Sophomore Garret Rooker

Skylar Lien

Sophomore Garret Rooker

Skylar Lien

Skylar Lien

Sophomore Garret Rooker

Skylar Lien, Editor

On Friday night, the Chargers took on Clear Falls at Challenger Columbia Stadium. The Knights received the ball first, which led them to score the first touchdown of the game, followed by a missed field goal. Later in the quarter, junior Todd Hudson ran a 93 yard touchdown, putting the Chargers ahead 7-6. With three minutes remaining, senior KiRon Bimage made a big play with a quarterback sack.

During the second quarter, senior Christian Waller received the ball after the punt return and gained 20 yards for the Chargers, which led to a touchdown pass thrown by sophomore Garrett Rooker and completed by senior Michael Gillaspia. The Knights rushed through the Charger defense with six minutes remaining, scoring a touchdown and making the score 28-13. During another Falls possession, the Knights fumbled the ball, which was recovered by junior Nick Thompson, followed by a touchdown by Hudson. To close out the first half, the Knights scored a touchdown, making the score 42-20 at halftime.

Sophomore Isaiah Bibb opened the second half of the game with a touchdown, putting the Chargers further ahead with a 49-20 lead. With eight minutes remaining in the third quarter, Rooker’s pass was intercepted by the Knight defense, which later led to a Clear Falls touchdown. To wrap up the quarter, Hudson scored two touchdowns, giving him a total of five touchdowns and a new school record of 336 rushing yards within 18 plays.

Bibb ended the game with a touchdown thrown by Rooker, giving the Chargers a 69-27 win.